Sunday, June 3, 2012

June Blocks for Craftsy BOM

I was really on a roll today, because in addition to finishing the free motion spirals on my Love Birds Whole Cloth, I also finished up the June blocks for the Craftsy Block of the Month!


For June, Amy showed us two Modern 9-Patch Blocks!

The first one is the Greek Cross Block.  Definitely my favorite out of the two!


I loved how simple this block was with just four half-square-triangles, four pieced squares and a solid center.  But it's still a bold, modern pattern that could look amazing in a full quilt!

The Second block is the Octagon Block.


Even simpler than the Greek Cross Block, but it kind of reminds me of the Chase Bank logo, lol. Love the simplicity but I'm not sure that I will be making a whole quilt of these any time soon.

Definitely looking forward to Dresden Plates in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment