Thursday, May 24, 2012

New Purse!

This last weekend I was really just in the mood to start and finish something in one sitting....I had some ideas for some large scale patterned quilts which I will most likely be making down the line, but finally decided on making a purse/bag. My current purse was falling apart and I had never made a purse before so I figured that this was as good of a time as any! 

I used 2 fabrics from the Reunion Line by Sweetwater (love them!).

Reunion Graphite (in Canvas)
For the Outside
Reunion Baby's Bunting Grey
For the Inside

I didn't have a pattern for this purse, just my old purse as a general reference.  I did find that there are a few things I might do differently the next time and/or may have done differently if I would have been following a pattern to start with, but overall, I'm just super excited about this bag and had a ton of fun making it! :)


There is even a little pocket on the inside for all of my smaller items...


Here is a close up of the way the handle was sewn...


And of course the inside of the purse...


This purse was the perfect project for me to switch gears from quilting for a day and get my mind going in a different direction trying to figure out how to put everything together.



I'm so glad to have a new purse again....and be able to say "yes, I made that!" if people ask.

I look forward to making a least a few more of these bags in different fabrics and actually working out a solid pattern for it.

In fact, I already have one request from a good friend to make her one!  Can't wait!

2 comments: