Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May Blocks for Craftsy BOM

May is Log Cabin Blocks! Perfect, easy blocks after all the hand stitching for April. 

And I'm super excited because I have actually finished these blocks in the month of May (by may 15th no less)!  So, I'm officially caught up and have made it my goal to stay on track with this project from here on out.

The first block for May is a Modern Log Cabin:


I really liked the look of this block and have made a mental note to make a whole quilt of these blocks in the future!

The second block is a Wonky 5-Sided Log Cabin:

Kind of reminds me of Alice in Wonderland....down the rabbit whole we go!

This one was great because I could use a lot of the scraps that I had from other blocks in this Project.

And, as I'm sure you noticed, my block is not 5-sided....it's 6-sided.  As I was working on this block it felt a little too wonky (or maybe not wonky enough) to have 4 sides "almost" lined up and one side wonky. So I just cut in a 6th side and I think it really helped the look of my block a lot.

Here is a picture before I decided to add a 6th side:



My two May Log Cabin Blocks together:


And here are all 10 blocks so far (January - May):




4 comments:

  1. They look fantastic together, I especially like the orange hexagon. Well done for getting back on track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so relieved to be caught up!

      Delete