Monday, May 28, 2012

Black and Gray Shattered Quilt

Of course the quilt shop that has the fabric I need to continue working on the Rain Goddess Quilt was closed today for Memorial day, but I still wanted to accomplish some quilting today and was not at home to work on some other works in progress, so I decided to go to JoAnn's instead and start a completely new project! Any excuse to buy more fabric, right?

I ended up getting all the fabric purchased and cut for a 62" x 77" Shattered Quilt from Quilting Modern, and then finished 3 of the 7 blocks for the center.


These blocks are so much fun!  Basically you're just slashing your block, sewing in a strip and then slashing it again, all in random wonky directions to give it that fractured/shattered look.

I choose to do the whole quilt top in solid grey and black and then choose some black and white prints for a pieced quilt back. Can't wait to finish this one and show you all the final quilt! 

And, on a side note, my younger brother recently finished Outdoor Camp where he learned how to make many crafts including friendship bracelets.  So my husband and I had some fun making friendship bracelets with him!  I know it's not quilting, but I just love doing fun and easy crafts with kids.  Too fun, not to share!



Hope you all had a great Memorial Day! 

2 comments: