Sunday, April 8, 2012

Retro Flower Quilt Along: Part 1

 I recently found a Retro Flower Quilt Along and jumped on the chance to sign up! It is being hosted by City Stitches and Sweet Diesel Designs.  I am excited to learn how to sew some curves and see all the beautiful quilts and inspiration posted by all the talented quilters involved!

Christina's Quilt

Here is the fabric that I bought for my Retro Flower Quilt:


Does it look familiar?  Yes, it is the a lot of the same fabric I put together for the Pink Castle Fabric contest last week.  I didn't win the contest, but I saw this fabric at Piece by Piece Fabric in Eugene and just had to get it! I love the fruit patterns and all the bright cheery colors.

Time to get started!


If you want to join the quilt along and make a retro flower quilt of your own click here.



4 comments:

  1. Lovely selection of prints and colours. Have fun with the QAL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to get started! Hopefully I'll be able to post some finished flowers by the end of the week. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the fabric selection. I am resisting the pull to this QAL! Can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is only week 2 of the Quilt along. So far there have been tutorials on making templates and Sewing curves. The next tutorial is on piecing blocks on 4/23/12. Really I have only bought the fabric so far, so you wouldn't be very far behind (at least compared to me) if you wanted to join in. :) I think it will be a fun quilt and simple enough to really show off the Free Motion Quilting when it's done!

      Delete