Monday, April 23, 2012

Liebster Blog Award!!!

Saturday, I was awarded the Liebster Blog Award by Danielle Hudson of Fresh Off the Spool!

Total unexpected!!! THANK YOU!!!


The Liebster Award (Liebster means favorite in German) is for bloggers with 200 followers or less. As a recipient of the award, you have the chance to thank and link back to the blogger who gave it to you as well as pass it along to five other deserving blogs.

I have done some quilting/sewing here and there since I was young but I never really got serious about quilting until I finally got my own machine and had space in our apartment to have an actual sewing room (or sewing area - since our apartment is just a really large studio).  I really wanted to learn free motion quilting, and in the process of trying to teach myself, I found Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting Project.  I loved following along and sewing all the designs on little sample squares.  I decided that I wanted to participate more in the online quilting community and started a blog of my own.  It has been the BEST decision I could have ever made for my quilting hobby!  There are so many talented quilters in this online community that are always sharing their beautiful projects, tips and tutorials as well as providing inspiration, encouragement, and support.  It's amazing!  My blog has also helped me to stay motivated to sit down at my sewing machine as often as possible so that I can always be adding to my blog and also seeing what everyone else is doing that week.

The Liebster Conventions say:
1. Thank your award presenter on your blog and link back to him/her
2. Copy and paste the award to your blog
3. Present the Liebster Award to 5 blogs that you think deserve to be recognized
4. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
5. Have faith that your follower will spread the love too !

I have a huge list of bloggers that I love following and it was really hard to choose just 5...soooo...I chose 10!!  (...couldn't help myself)
Here are the top 10 deserving bloggers that I awarded with the Liebster Blog Award:

Megan at City Stiches

Amy at Crafty Shenanigans

Sew Lovins at Sew Lovins

Cindy at Spin the Bobbin

Debbie at Stitchin' Therapy

MB at MB in MI

Pat at Color Me Quilty

Elena at Breakfast for Dinner

Alison at Little Bunny Quilts

Jenna at Sew Happy Geek

I hope that all of my readers check out each one of these blogs because they are AWESOME!
Also, I hope that each winner will spread the love!!

And again thank you to Danielle at Fresh Off the Spool for giving me this award!


Happy Quilting Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. hi,thank you for the award....it will take me a while to get to it with this broken shoulder. i type with one hand right now.

    ReplyDelete