Friday, April 6, 2012

Heart and Feather Wholecloth Quilt Along with Leah Day: Part 3

The micro-stippling on this quilt took a lot longer than I expected, but it feels great to have finished it and be in the home stretch of my first wholecloth quilt!!!

Since the stippling is so small and dense, I had to break it up over a couple of days.  The first night I just focused on the very center of the quilt.


The next day I finished everything inside the feathers and started working on the corner hearts.

And here it is with all the micro-stippling finished.

All that's left now is squaring everything up and adding the binding.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! You did an amazing job here with the microstippling. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did an AWESOME job! I chose green (batik) faric too. I wish I had used white thread - I love the way it looks on your quilt! (I used a variegated green). I'm going to link mine up tomorrow since I just finished in (binding). I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and what I learned! Great job!
    Angie - overthekitchencounter(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful! The pattern, the color, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally in love with this block! With Irish in our family history it would be great to have here! What an awesome design and well-made! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! Thank you so much for linking up to QED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting the linky party!! I love to show off what I've done and see all the beautiful things other people are doing too! Yea for Quilty Embellishments!

      Delete
  6. Wow this is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I checked out your QED post too. I love the little cars! :)

      Delete