Thursday, March 15, 2012

Heart and Feather Wholecloth Quilt Along with Leah Day: Part 1

This is my first attempted wholecloth quilt.  Leah Day has started a wholecloth quilt tutorial and I jumped at the chance for a step by step, week by week quilt along. Since it's March, I decided I had to use up some green fabric, plus I thought the four hearts together could easily be a shamrock!  Don't you think?

Here is my progress so far...
I added starch to the fabric and ironed everything, then marked all the motifs on the fabric.

I used this Pilot Frixion Pen from Office Max, a suggestion from another quilter my grandmother and I ran into at the fabric store.  It will just iron off at the end. Amazing!


And of course here is my basted quilt sandwich ready to start quilting away on!

I can't wait!



Free Motion Quilt Along





2 comments:

  1. I like your green fabric. This definitely works for a St Patty's quilt! You could even add a small stem to make the hearts more shamrock-y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlea - your prep for wholecloth looks just perfect to me. I'm anxious to hear your feedback on the Frixion pen as well as seeing your completed project!

    ReplyDelete